Life with our Little Man

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Cameron's Dictionary

This post is dedicated to our very intelligent son, Cameron, who has made up his own language!  It seems that regular English isn't quite up to par for him, so he took it upon himself to establish a new one (I'm not quite sure what it is called, any suggestions?).  I seem to have a master translating power, so here's a little excerpt in case he ever tries to communicate with you:

Panting with tongue out- dog
Tongue click (like the tick tock of a clock)- Milk
Repeatedly clenching teeth- fruit snacks
"Hmmm"- I'm thinking
"Wa"- water
"Huh uh"- yes
"Oh"- no
"Bagey"- baby
"Doggey"- dog
"Mow"- cat
"Om"- food
"Oga"- Logan
"Minnie"- binky
"pa pa"- fireworks/bubbles/balloons
"Mick mow"- Mickey Mouse
"Mini"- Minnie Mouse
"Nana"- grandma
"ha 'n dow"- jump up and down

And here are a few common phrases that he uses:
-"Danny Monney Miney!"- Anytime that we're all together (especially when we pick him up from nursery/ when we're eating dinner/when we pick Blake up from the bus stop)
-"Miney go"- I want to do it by myself/That's mine
-"Om wa mow"- the cats need to eat and drink (usually exclaimed while he is haphazardly carrying them towards their food dish
-"wa wee"- I want to go to Seven Peaks and go down the water slides
-"miney bagey, monney bagey, danny bagey!"- my baby, mommy's baby, daddy's baby! (While pointing to my belly). He actually loves to yell our names anytime we are all doing the same thing.
-he is becoming very good (in his own language) of recounting stories to me, especially ones that include him getting hurt. Example: "Miney ha 'n dow, bon, ow" - I jumped up, and then I fell down and hit my head. Ow.

He loves to brush his own teeth, and loves playing fetch while pretending he's a puppy.

He is also taking after his dad and has become quite the tease!  We will ask him "How much do you love me?"  and without any prompting, he started holding his fingers very close together instead of spreading his arms wide.  I honestly don't know how he came up with this, but he LOVES the reaction he gets from it.
He started giving pounds when you ask for a high five, and a high five when you ask for a pound.
He will start to give you a kiss, and then run away and laugh.
His favorite game is hide and seek, and he always jumps out and says "Boo!" to scare you.

No pictures at the moment (I promised Cam that we would go to the park now) but we love our Cameron!

2 comments:

  1. That is so cute! Sounds like he is bilingual. He probably is completely fluent in english, just likes to keep it exciting- like on little Rascals with "Uh- huh"

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're right! I should stop worrying about his English skills, I'm sure he'll bust them out one of these days... :-)

    ReplyDelete